Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Amazing Cakes by Amazing Local Decorators


I have had these photo's' for months now and still haven't put them on our blog.  I want to share them with all of you so you can see just some of the incredible talent we have here in our group.
Thank you for being willing to share your photo's with us.  We LOVE to see everyone's work.  I know seeing others work always inspires me... I hope these pics inspire all of you as well.

COFFIN CAKE--- Kim Fluhrer


I think this cake was fitting since we just celebrate Halloween.  Thank you Kim for sharing this cake with us for our blog.  This was a HUGE cake.... how many people can say they have made an almost life size coffin cake?? That calls for bragging rights.  








Doree Tateoka:  Lady Bug Cakes


Doree never disappoints!! I love her work. I love the detail and time she puts into every cake.  Thank you for all these amazing and FUN cakes you are sharing with us.  
Here's what Doree said about her own cakes.




Cravings Cake - This request came from the sister of a gal that was pregnant.  She was throwing her sister a shower and wanted a cake that reflected ALL her CRAVINGS!  Besides Diet Orange Crush and chinese food, she had cravings for chocolate covered grapes, eggs over easy (can't see it for the wontons), hot pepper covered in tortilla smothered in cheese, wontons, mac and cheese and of course a pickle.  The fortune cookie says, "Strange cravings come to pregnant woman".





Kind of made a little of everything, from dogs on wheels to bride and groom on wheels.  This bride and groom is displayed in a shop in San Jose.  (Jen's Cakes)  Can you just see a beach wedding?



File this under - I probably shouldn't be doing this type of (Disney) cake.......BUT.......I did!  A birthday cake for a gal in her late 20's.  Once a princess, always a princess!


And my favorite cake this summer!  The baby "Hand of Rock" cake.  A little flames, a little skull and cross bones.  Only 1 years old and already a "ROCK STAR!"

Janell Brown --  One Sweet Slice


I got to visit with Janell earlier this year at one of our ICES get together and I have to say that I LOVED getting to know her better.  Not only is she incredibly talented,  she is a really awesome gal as well.  Janell is always great to send pictures to share.  These ones will not disappoint! 



I'm always begging you all to share your cakes with us, so I guess I better follow my own advice.  Here's a few I enjoyed making the last several months.  
I came up with a fun "trick" to make my cakes photograph better at the delivery site when I am taking them myself.   If there are linens on the cake table, have someone stand behind the cake and lift up the table linen as a "back drop" for the cake.  Then snap away with your camera. It's a great way to hide ugly windows or walls that may be behind the cake. 


A little Cricut Cake action... Thanks Julie for helping me with the monogram. 



I don't love doing sheet cakes.. but sometimes, you can't say no.  This cake actually ended up being pretty fun to make.

Sugar Flowers and Bling always make a cake look elegant. 







No comments:

Post a Comment